Michael S. Chang, MD
Dr. Michael Chang received his Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical engineering, Magna Cum Laude, from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He then went on to receive his medical degree from Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Chang completed his orthopaedic surgery residency and internship at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, IA, under the tutelage of some of the best-respected orthopaedic surgeons and past presidents of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
After finishing his year as the Chief Resident of orthopaedic surgery at the University of Iowa, Dr. Chang subsequently was accepted to the most prestigious and rigorous spine fellowship in the country at Washington University in St. Louis. There, he completed a fellowship under world-renowned leaders of spine surgery, Keith Bridwell, MD, Lawrence Lenke, MD, and K. Daniel Riew, MD.
Dr. Chang is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a member of the Scoliosis Research Society, the North American Spine Society, and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr. Chang specializes in all diseases and disorders of the adult and pediatric spine and particularly enjoys adult and pediatric spinal deformity as well as disorders of the cervical spine. He is also trained in minimally invasive surgery of the spine.
Dr. Chang has many publications and presentations to his credit on both the national and the international level. He enjoys continuing his academic and research activities at the Sonoran Spine Center in order to help advance the field of spine surgery. He is a highly valued addition to our team of spine experts.
VIDEO | MEET DR. CHANG
DR. CHANG IN THE NEWS
- Have Regulatory Burdens & Industry Changes Dampened Spine Surgeon Morale?
- Mission Accomplished - See Skylar Skousen Today
- ABC 15’s Sonoran Living Interviews Dr. Chang about Pediatric Scoliosis
- Dr. Chang On The Doctors Show - Doctors Across America
- Ask the Expert: Scoliosis affects about 3% of children
- 2nd time for Dr. Michael Chang on the Doctors TV Show
- Dr. Chang prepares to give young man his freedom back
- Back to School Back Pack Expert
- Dr. Chang's Visit to China - Featured on CBS 5
- Recovering from a back breaker
- How to choose the right backpack for your child
- Unbreakable - 12 News
- Dr. Michael S. Chang Featured on the Doctors TV Show
- Patients call Valley spine surgeon a 'miracle worker'
- UNDERGRADUATE – Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts
- MEDICAL SCHOOL – Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY RESIDENCY AND INTERNSHIP – University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
- SPINE SURGERY FELLOWSHIP – Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Complex Spine Surgeon, Sonoran Spine Center
- Faculty for the Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center Orthopaedic Residency
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at University of Arizona
- Scoliosis Research Society
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Scottsdale Healthcare – North Shea
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
- The Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Center of Paradise Valley
To call or request an appointment:
Use the Appointment Request Form
Sonoran Spine Center Offices:
Sonoran Physical Therapy
and Wellness Center:
1432 South Dobson Road, Suite 209
Mesa, Arizona 85202
Web site: SonoranPT.com
Sonoran Spine Research and
1432 South Dobson Road, Suite 201
Mesa, Arizona 85202
Mesa Phone: (602) 443-4169
Phoenix Phone: (602) 443-1424
Web site: www.spineresearch.org