Terrence T. Crowder, M.D.
Dr. Terrence Crowder received his Bachelor of Science in chemistry at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina and his medical degree from the University of Arkansas Medical School in Little Rock, Arkansas, earning a Faculty Award for excellence. Dr. Crowder was accepted into the five year Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program at Duke University Medical Center (US News "America's Top Hospitals"), training with a distinguished faculty recognized by Time Magazine and US News as having "America's Top Doctors".
After finishing his year as the Chief Resident in Orthopedic Surgery at Duke, Dr. Crowder was accepted into the prestigious Spine Surgery Fellowship Program at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. During his Fellowship, he worked with international leaders in spinal reconstructive surgery, gaining additional expertise in degenerative, traumatic, tumor, infection, and deformity affecting all areas of the spine.
Dr. Crowder is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a member of the North American Spine Society and the J.R. Gladden Orthopaedic Society.
Dr. Crowder specializes in all diseases and disorders of the adult spine. He has a special interest in conditions of the cervical spine (neck pain and radiating arm pain) and in the newest motion preserving technologies including cervical disc replacement.
Dr. Crowder has many publications and presentations to his credit and is involved in the academic and research activities at the Sonoran Spine Center. He is a highly valued addition to our team of spine experts.
DR. CROWDER IN THE NEWS
- KAZT Morning Scramble interview with Dr. Terrence Crowder
- New robot makes back surgery safer, less painful
- UNDERGRADUATE – Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- MEDICAL SCHOOL – University of Arkansas Medical School, Little Rock, Arkansas
- GENERAL SURGERY INTERNSHIP – Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY RESIDENCY – Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- SPINE SURGERY FELLOWSHIP – William Beaumont Hospitals, Royal Oak, Michigan
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North American Spine Society
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- American Medical Association
- Arizona Orthopedic Surgical Hospital
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Banner Gateway Medical Center
- Chandler Regional Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
- Scottsdale Healthcare – North Shea
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
To call or request an appointment:
Use the Appointment Request Form
Sonoran Spine Center Offices:
Sonoran Physical Therapy
and Wellness Center:
1432 South Dobson Road, Suite 209
Mesa, Arizona 85202
Web site: SonoranPT.com
Sonoran Spine Research and
1432 South Dobson Road, Suite 201
Mesa, Arizona 85202
Mesa Phone: (602) 443-4169
Phoenix Phone: (602) 443-1424
Web site: www.spineresearch.org